1 (612) email@example.com
An Associate with Kinney & Lange since 2010, Erik Wright practices in intellectual property law, specializing in patents. Erik drafts and prosecutes US and PCT patent applications, and supervises international IP application filings and prosecution such as PCT applications, national stage patent applications, and Paris Convention patent applications.
In addition to his patent prosecution work, Erik conducts patentability and freedom-to-operate studies, advises clients on intellectual property strategies, and prepares opinions of counsel regarding product infringement or non-infringement, enforceability, and validity. Erik has also assisted with engineering design-around strategies for patent infringement risk management.
Erik holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in physics. Outside of intellectual property, Erik has specialized in science pedagogy, chaotic system mechanics, international law, and criminal sentencing reform. In his free time, Erik enjoys reading, swimming, and practicing his rusty Swedish and Japanese.
- Patent Freedom to Operate Searches, Opinions, Techniques, and Studies, (ABA, 2017), co-author
- Beyond the Looking Glass: Patent-Eligible Subject Matter After Alice and Mayo, Intellectual Property Today, Vol. 21, No. 11 (November 2014)
- Overview of Intellectual Property for Business Lawyers, Kinney & Lange, P.A. (annual)
- Intellectual Property Law for Business Lawyers, Kinney & Lange, P.A. (annual)
Blog PostsSee All
- Intellectual Property: Advanced Topics for Businesses in a Changing Legal Landscape - " Medtronic v. Boston Scientific" (2014)
- Erik has prepared, prosecuted and supervised hundreds of patent applications, including PCT and foreign counterparts, on a variety of technologies and on behalf of multi-national corporations, medium-sized businesses, small businesses and individual inventors
- Erik has performed patent clearance studies for billion-dollar product lines, advised client regarding risk management and patent avoidance strategies, and prepared associated opinions of counsel